Every race participating in the Cyclades Trail Cup has to follow guidelines regarding Cultural sub-events on every race event. In Kea island we “marry” sports with archaeology. Would you like to discover Kea by playing a game? Now you can form a team and participate in a brand new game creation by the Diadrasis team. On Saturday 4 April, at 13:00, come with your team and search for clues in the surrounding area of Ioulida village of Kea island. Meet the local and form new friendships! The maximum limit of teams is set to 12 and every team can have from 2 up to 6 people.
On Saturday 4 April, at 17:00, the 5km race will begin. The starting point will be at the municipality of Kea island, in Ioulida village. *At night of Saturday 4 April, at 20:00, don’t forget to watch the Technical Presentation of the 18km race, at the Castle of Ioulida village.
On Sunday 5 April, after the last runners finish, the winners of the Kea Challenge race will be awarded. Of course in Kea like in all of our events, local products will be offered freely!
Sports and Cultural Schedule
Saturday 4 April 2020
- 12:00 – Registration desk opens, at the Historic Municipality of Kea
- 13:00 – Game of cultural heritage for everyone
- 16:00 – Registrations end
- 17:00 – Start of the 5km race, at Ioulida
- 18:00 – End of race
- 20:00 – Presentation about the skin cancer by the group OEKK Agaliazo, at the Elementary school of Ioulida village
- 20:30 – Technical presentation of the 18km race, at the Elementary school of Ioulida village
Sunday 5 April 2020
*the reception desk will NOT open on Sunday
- 08:15 – Short technical description
- 08:30 – Start of the 18km trail race, at the Historical Municipality of Kea
- 12:30 – Finish of races
- 13:00 – Winners awards for Kea Challenge
- 13:20 – Event Finish